Part 1 暑期兼职
1. come from Omerama
2. can use a ladder
3. can work under hot condition
4. must have good concentration
5. salary: 4.5 per bucket
6. cannot work if it is raining
7. salary: 13.75 per hour
10. transport: 即使没有car，也要有bike
Part 2 趣味铁人三项
11. expected number of people: 340 this year
12. park in field
13. contact college
14. cycling 25 laps
15. old airport
16. section 1: through the town/farmland
17. section 2: uphill
18. section 3: through the woodland
19. prize cup
Part 3 新西兰古老工艺品
21. Why does the shape of Hei-tiki look unusual?
B. difficulty in carving stones
22. Very few Hei-tiki are found in the archaeological site because
C. the villagers look after them carefully
23. What was Hei-tiki regarded by Moris people as
B. a communicating way to their ancestors
24. What are the distinctions between two types of Hei-tiki?
C. the position of hands to leg
25. What are the characteristics of a new type of Hei-tiki?
A. it has a metal setting
26. sand: E. form the shape
27. stitch and string: A. used for cave details
28. bark: C. end
29. wax: B polish stone eyes
30. stone: G bond it together
Part 4 轮船公司
31. where did he get ship experience?
C. first job
32. the company experienced
A. immediately profitable
33. why did he want to use mail contact to buy steam ship?
C. more reliable
34. what did he do when he won the bid?
B. opened a new company
35. why did he choose Boston?
A. once he worked there
36. what could be revealed about the 1844 event
B. Boston was not a good port location
38. Newspapers were provided on board, so the passengers would not feel uneasy during the journey.
39. before 1912, people paid more attention to the speed of the ships
40. afterwards, poured more in the decoration, compared to hotels
Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?